On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 10:14:43AM +0900, Phlip wrote:
> Not really. I can post pseudo code. But I don't have an example of this
> technique anywhere on my current 'puters...

Please bear with me and tell me whether I am understanding it
correctly.  (It doesn't look like something one could apply to GTK,
but sooner or later it will be Tk time for me too, and a way to test
the GUI without looking at it will be a blessing to my eyes.)

def test_GUIForm
   tk = Tk()                # create the root element
   frame = Frame(tk)        # create left side widget with parent in brackets
   editField = Edit(frame)  # as above
   object = UIobject(frame) # as above

   # test that a widget holds a certain value.  but where's the
   # ``putting values into the interface'' part?
   assert editField.get() == "interesting value"

   # mainloop()
   tk.destroy()

This way you can test the binding between the widgets and the
underlying model, but can you also test response to user actions?

Thanks.

Massimiliano