Massimiliano Mirra wrote:

> I am not sure that I understand what you mean by ``putting data in
> it''.  Could you post a snippet?

Not really. I can post pseudo code. But I don't have an example of this
technique anywhere on my current 'puters...

        def test_GUIForm
                tk = Tk()
                frame = Frame(tk)
                editField = Edit(frame)
                object = UIobject(frame)
                assert editField.get() == "interesting value"
                # mainloop()
                tk.destroy()

That's in Python-style pseudocode using pseudo-Tk, so I hope it carries the
idea. To see the UI and interact one would uncomment 'mainloop()' and
comment 'tk.destroy()'. Then to run the test without any UI one reverses
the commentage.

--
 Phlip                          phlip_cpp / yahoo.com
   http://www.greencheese.org/InMildDefenseOfTheGnats