On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2008 2:58 PM, ara.t.howard <ara.t.howard / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  yeah - agreed on all parts.  however, would a real difference in api
>> really be needed?  couldn't something like
>>
>> Params = Hash.new{|key, value| lazy_get key, value}
>>
>> gloss over that?
>>
>> i'm really interested in this - doc or example code somewhere?
>>

> Yeah, there's a gem on the Rubyforge EM page: eventmachine_httpserver. Also
> Kirk uses it in Swiftiply as a faster alternative to Mongrel.
>
> If you search through the EM mailing-list archive or Google groups page,
> you'll also find a distro of "Unicycle," which is a RESTful web framework
> based on the same HTTP server.

To clarify, I experimented with using it directly in Swiftiply, but went
back to the absolute minimalist HTTP parsing in Swiftiply because I really
don't want to parse out more than the absolute minimum that I need to.

However, that experiment resulted in a bunch of optimizations to the http
server that have become part of what I am working on with Wisteria
(http://wisteria.swiftcore.org), and that I will commit back to the
original sources.

I haven't released yet because I am still experimenting with a couple
alternatives for the parsing, one of which is a lazy get kind of like you
describe.

Thin kind of gave me a kick in the butt, though, so a release will be
forthcoming soon.

Kirk Haines