On Jan 6, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Denis Hennessy wrote:

> The understanding I had was that a dealer could 're-value' their
> hand with each card dealt; that is - if they draw two aces they're
> obviously 11 and 1 and they have to hit again. If they then draw a
> card which would cause them to bust, they can treat both aces as 1.

You have all of that right, but Eric was saying you don't properly
value hands with multiple aces in them.  For example, ace, ace, and
ten should value as 12, not 22.

One way I've handled this in the pass was to sort the hand such that
aces are at the end, run through building up a total, and count an ace
as 11 when I passed it if doing so would keep the running count less
than or equal to 21 minus the cards left to count.

Hope that makes sense.

James Edward Gray II