Giles Bowkett wrote:

> "Programming Ruby" I mostly use for its reference section (sorry) and
> detail on things like Gems and IRB.

Same here... yet I'd really like a printed version of the complete API
and library. I know I have it electronically but I can browse a book
away from the computer ... and yeah, I guess I am that geeky, to browse
a programming reference book for "fun" :-)

Overall I'd have to say the "best" book for a seasoned programmer has
yet to appear... one is sort of stuck gleaning the best bits from
several sources unfortunately.

BTW, are there any good books or other sources that deal with creating C
extensions?