On Jan 6, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:

> Speaking only to the point about optimizations in C: there is a
> lightweight
> HTTP server built into EventMachine, and it does all the HTTP
> parameter
> parsing in C. Simply populating a CGI-like hash in Ruby when it
> crosses over
> into the framework (whichever one you use) is the performance killer.
> (Populating the environment so as to use cgi.rb performs so poorly
> that it's
> not even a consideration.)
>
> Rather than populate all the parameters, I provided an alternative
> that
> simply lets the framework access the parameters it will actually
> use. This
> greatly improves performance. The downside is having to use a somewhat
> different API to get at the HTTP parameters.

yeah - agreed on all parts.  however, would a real difference in api
really be needed?  couldn't something like

Params = Hash.new{|key, value| lazy_get key, value}

gloss over that?

i'm really interested in this - doc or example code somewhere?

kind regards.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama