On Jan 5, 2008, at 9:20 AM, Jeremy McAnally wrote:

> Merb:  56 rp/s
> Rails:  41 rp/s
> Vintage:  534 rp/s

this doesn't smell right.  on even a modest box i would expect merb
and rails, with sessions turned off and no db query, to server
somewhere in the hundreds of rps.  on my box both rails and merb
would do at least 4-500 rps.  conversely, a simple fastcgi process
running under mod_fcgid expanding a simple template might churn out
something like 2000 rps.

are you positive you were running in production mode for rails/merb
with both not using sessions and on top of mongrel?  if so it's very
impressive, but those number just look like development mode with
sessions and no cookie argument to 'ab' to me...

on another note vintage looks like a really cool idea - people,
myself included, are yearning for something really simple.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
it is not enough to be compassionate.  you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama