Giles Bowkett wrote:
> Personally I found "The Ruby Way" the most useful book, "Ruby For
> Rails" the best explanation of metaprogramming and Ruby OOP, and
> "Programming Ruby" I mostly use for its reference section (sorry) and
> detail on things like Gems and IRB.

I have also just gotten _Design Patterns In Ruby_. I picked it up
because it covers an area of practice where I have little experience,
and does it in Ruby. I think if you're an old OOP hand, you can probably
live without it. The chapters on DSLs and metaprogramming are excellent,
though I think you're right about _Ruby for Rails_ being the best
explanations.