On Jan 5, 2008, at 6:36 AM, Leonard Chin wrote:

> We are also currently looking for speakers on a wide range of topics
> about Ruby. We'll do our best to help you climb over the language
> barrier, so this is a great chance to reach out to Japanese Rubyists
> with your projects and ideas.

I was invited last year, and I have to admit that I was nervous about
presenting in English. I needn't have been. This is one of the warmest
and most welcoming conferences I've attended. Leonard and Zev took
incredibly care of me, translating talks in real time, and translating
questions during my Q&A session. And Tokyo is an amazing city (but
take a compass because, like London, I don't think there's a straight
street in the place :).

If you have a killer topic, I'd strongly recommend taking the plunge
and submitting it.

Dave