On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 05:28:53 GMT, "Daniel T." <notdanielt3 / gte.net>
wrote:

>Unfortunatly, I write video games for 5 year olds for a living. The only
>thing that's important is the GUI... Why test the stuff that doesn't
>matter?

Possibly Daniel T overstates his case. Certainly GUIs are important in
video games, and certainly they are hard to test.

But I always hated it when the "ball" went right through the "paddle"
in Pong, and I hate it when I go into a room and can't pick up an
object that is there.

For a game to be good, everything has to work. A lot of that is GUI,
and -- as I'm sure Daniel T knows quite well -- a lot of it isn't.

Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgramming.com
http://www.objectmentor.com