Florian Frank wrote:
> James Dinkel wrote:
>> Waitaminute.  So if I have a paid-for application from some company and
>> they wrote it in java, it would be possible for me to decompile it into
>> the sourcecode?
>
> Yes, it's also a lot of fun to do that.
>
>> I figured there must be some way to hide it, otherwise
>> proprietary software wouldn't use it?
>
> Not, really. There are obfuscators available, that rename classes,
> methods, etc. but this merely increases the challenge a bit.

Thanks everyone for the info.  So when the Rubinius website says this:

"The Rubinius compiler generates bytecode that you can distribute in
easy-to-install packages similar to jar files. Other measures to protect
intellectual property can be easily added."

I take it they are just talking about the same thing... bytecode with
obfuscators and such.