On 4 ene, 03:03, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zn... / cesmail.net> wrote:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > To bootstrap and use this project, you need:
> > - Ruby 1.8.5 or greater
> > - Rake 0.7.3 or greater
> > - Tar [1] and Unzip [2] binary packages from GnuWin32
>
> Aren't they in MSys?

Chicken-egg situation:

They are inside the compressed tar.gz and tar.bz2 files... how I'm
supposed to get them if I don't decompress them first? :-D

So: if someone have a pure-ruby (with aditional gem or extension) that
allow us extract content from:

- .zip (deflate) files
- .gz (of .tar.gz) files
- .bz2 (of .tar.bz2) files

All without these dependencies, feel free to modify rake/
extracttask :-)

> This does look like fun. I have a spare Windows XP license I'm not using
> and a Linux hosted VMware Workstation 6. :) Are the compiler, linker,
> "tar" and zip/gzip/bzip2 the only external dependencies you have at the
> moment?

You don't need to manually download MinGW or MSYS, only you need get
your hands at tar and unzip.
(also, have a working ruby, which you could use OCI for that) ;-)

The compiler, linker and dependencies are downloaded automatically.

Right now only two "dependencies" are in place:

- Zlib 1.2.3
- Readline 5.0

I stopped at readline since I got some serious issues with
Readline.readline, as posted before to this list and ruby-core.

The thing is that those worked in the past, but right know they don't.

Each time I add a dependency (to get the bundled extension built), I
do a 'test-all' procedure and see if it's passing their self-tests.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena