Martin DeMello wrote:
> I know :) I meant that Ruby is the other language about which we say
> "look everyone! cool language! programmer productivity! fun!" and they
> turn up their noses and say "omg slow".

Well ... Ruby is not "omg slow", just "sorta slow", as long as we're
being precise. Rebol is "omg slow". ;)

> Interesting! Rebol is in many ways a Forth/Lisp cross too, and of
> course there's Joy, but that never seemed like a 'real world' language
> somehow.

Yeah, Joy and Factor probably have a lot in common, although I don't
recall how much of Joy is from Forth and how much from Lisp. Still, I'm
reminded of the old saw, "If you've seen one Forth, well, you've seen
one Forth." :)