On Jan 1, 2008 7:36 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:

> Well ... actually he has joined another community, but not Lisp He's now
> a Factor devotee. Which reminds me -- some time I need to ask him why
> Factor and not ANS Forth. :)

Dunno about Zed, but I made the same decision recently. My reasoning
was (i) nascent languages and language communities are fun (ii) the
stdlib and emphasis on real world coding look really attractive. It
looks like it might become the open source equivalent of rebol, which
looked nice but which ran into my reluctance to invest in a
closed-source language.

martin