Hello,

I have a text that containing " char and want to delete it from the
text before I read it to the database with fasterCSV.

This is "the Text".
===>
This is the Text.

What is the command to simple replace the " char with nothing?

This is the code so you can see what I am trying to do:

    file = 'c:\filename.txt'
    $KCODE = "utf8"
    FasterCSV.foreach(file.tr('"', ''), :headers =>true, :col_sep
=>"\t", :row_sep =>"\n") do |row|
    @PriceListFileRow = row
    next if row.empty?
    a_product = Product.new(
        :sku => row[0] ,
        :name => row[1] ,
        :price => row[2] ,
        :salestart => row[3] ,
        :saleend => row[4] ,
        :category => row[5] ,
        :manufacturer => row[6] ,
        :manufacturersku => row[7] ,
        :othersku => row[8] ,
        :producturl => row[9] ,
        :stockstatus => row[10] ,
        :shipping => row[11])
    a_product.save

- The problem is that fasterCSV read the file before it´s been converted
with the " char.
- The second problem that I have with Rails is that åäö letters doesn´t
been imported correctly even when I use the $KCODE = "utf8" code.

Thank you again and waiting for your answer!

Best regards,

Mark