On Dec 28, 10:41 am, "Ken A." <ken.awam... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'm using ruby version : ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111)
> [i386-mswin32] and I'm trying to figure out where irb config file is
> located, but no success at all. Would anyone help me on this?

IRB configuration file (.irbrc) will be located in your HOME
directory.

IRB will try to find it in "~", being it the user HOME folder.
Since by default HOME isn't set on Windows, don't know if IRB fall
back to try other locations.

I suggest you set it :-)

Please do it like this:

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables

Under "User variables" hit new and fill:

Name: HOME
Value: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

Use %HOMEDRIVE% and %HOMEPATH% instead of %USERPROFILE%, this works
with corporative environments where profiles are being stored in
different places than users HOME (and with roaming profiles).

HTH,

Luis