-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:15:51 +0900
> Von: Pradeepta Swain <pradeepta.swain / hcl.in>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: please help !

> I have installed dbi,oci8,ruby 1.8.6 ,oracle client 9.2 on XP machine
> I have tried to connect a remote database using the code
>
> dbh = DBI.connect('DBI:OCI8:ORCL','ftdam','ftdam')

Dear Pradeepta,

please be more specific in your email headers - you'll
get more replies from people who are actually
competent for your problem :)

From your error message, there appears to be a problem about the file
oci8lib.so (see here:

http://ruby-oci8.rubyforge.org/svn/tags/ruby-oci8-1.0.0-rc2/NEWS )

This article:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoConnectToOracle

describes a way to connect to Oracle from Ruby on Rails
( you don't seem to be using it, but nevertheless), so
assuming that you did everything right as described there and
things don't work nevertheless, I'd suggest you try out
using °∆oracle°« rather than °∆oci°« as an adapter, which is supposed
to be newer, as described here:

http://blog.andrewbeacock.com/2007/06/how-to-change-your-rails-database.html

Best regards,

Axel