I'm trying to retrieve some ruby code from a database as a string, I
would then like to execute this code. So far I've tried many approaches
but my latest uses define_method.

I have a method defined to use define_method, i.e.

    def define_validation_method(name, &block)
      self.class.send(:define_method, name, &block)
    end

What I would like to do is pass the code that I want executed to this
method as an example:

function_module = define_validation_method(
  :validate_object)
"do |x, y, z|
  if x > 1
   x = y + z
  else
   x = y - z
  end
end"

This of course does not work as the method expects a block not a string.
Can anyone suggest how to get this method to work, or suggest another
method. The code is being executed within a ruby class.

Thanks.