2007/12/28, Yu-raku-an <yu_raku_an / yahoo.co.jp>:
> Hi, Robert,
>
> In this case, I think the best way for you is to do it by yourself.
> You can override an existing class in Ruby, even the one is a standard
> library class.

I am aware of that, thanks.  The whole point of this discussion was to
find out whether there are serious reasons why one should not have
this in the standard lib.  Array#first and #last *are* in the standard
lib already and at the moment I do not see any reason why Array#first=
and Array#last= should not be.

Kind regards

robert