Paul Brannan wrote:
> I do see the point about #each, but I'm having a hard time imagining
> what the implications are of having the namespace apply further down the
> stack.  What do we do if I call a method that imports a namespace which
> conflicts with the one I've just imported?
> Namespaces in Ecmascript appear to be lexically scoped:
> I'm curious if implementors of other languages have thought about this
> issue.

I really don't know, and to be honest I haven't seen a particularly
compelling use case for either lexically scoped namespaces
or...what...temporally scoped?

So we want to limit class modifications to a specific range of
execution. Then there's two cases:

1. we want to do it lexically-scoped. In that case, we can just call our
own utility methods directly, and if the object isn't typed as we
expect, it passes through. Sure, syntactic sugar...but who cares, is it
worth impacting the rest of the language impl to support it?
2. we want to do it temporally-scoped, affecting downstream calls too.
Well then, I'd love to see the use case for this, and you may have a
hard time convincing me that it's worth crippling every invocation with
some indirection mechanism that can be overridden on a whim.

What is the use case? I'd love to see.

- Charlie