On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 10:15:01AM +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> Paul Brannan wrote:
> >If namespaces were lexical elements, I think the performance penalty
> >could be minimized, as it would be known at compile time which method
> >lookup tables to use for a given call.
>
> Yep, this would work, but it only namespaces for a single frame. Is that
> what we want?

I think what I would want is:
  - apply a namespace to a particular scope
  - apply a namespace to a single method
  - apply a namespace to an entire class definition

All of these can be determined at compile time.

What benefit would there be to a namespace being active for child
frames?  I think it might cause side-effects that are hard to track.

I wonder what Smallscript does.

Paul