-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:06:05 +0900
> Von: Carol Ekonomi <ciscowiz / gmail.com>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Ruby newbie

> Hello,
>
> I am very new to ruby.

Dear Carol,

welcome to Ruby. You'll enjoy it :)

> Been in the tech field for over 10 years, however
> new to programming.  I have gone through most of
> http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.3/
> which has been very informational.

I think you'll find this guide:

http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/

a good and short introduction to Ruby and programming in general.

> I am looking for a good place to post newbie type questions.  Probably
> what most of you will consider very basic questions not only with ruby
> but questions that are due to my lack of experience with any other
> programming language.
>
> Woulld this forum be a good place for me?  If not any reccomendations
> would be greatly appreciated.

I have only made good experiences with this forum. People are very
helpful. Just go ahead ... maybe post some (simplified ) code to
explain what you want to know. You'll get competent help, almost
surely :)
On occasions, you might be redirected to special mailing lists for
individual Ruby-related projects ... but here's a good start to ask
a question anyway.

Happy hacking !

Best regards,

Axel