James Britt (rubydev) wrote:
> The sablot package (http://www.rubycolor.org/sablot/) is a Ruby binding to the Sablotron
> XSLT library (http://www.rubycolor.org/sablot/).  I've not used it much with Ruby as I had
> problems getting it built on a particular remote machine.  I have used Sablotron though
> PHP and (as I recall) it's fairly robust. To use it you will need to compile the source
> code.  You will also need to get and build expat (http://sourceforge.net/projects/expat/).
>
> I tried the XSLT4R (http://www.fantasy-coders.de/) package a few months ago. This is a
> pure-Ruby library that looks pretty good, though I don't think it is as feature-complete
> as Sablotron. It has the advantage of not requiring you to compile anything.

XSLT4R does not (currently) implement several XSLT tags (e.g. <xsl:copy> to mention only one).
For my tasks it was sufficient enough. Furthermore it let's you easily embed and call Ruby code from
within a stylesheet. That fixed many problems I had with other XSLT-processors.

If you need an (almost) complete and very fast XSLT processor, then go for Sablotron.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann