MonkeeSage wrote:
> On Dec 27, 1:38 pm, Sebastian Hungerecker wrote:
> > MonkeeSage wrote:
> > > IOW, #pop returns a value, and this is just what #last does.
> >
> > How is [] different in that regard? That only returns a value, too.
>
> Exactly. It's not... [] = 3 => syntax error...

That [] there is an emtpy array. That's not the [] I was talking about.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, let me rephrase:
You seemed to say that while there is a method Array#[]= (which I assume,
you're ok with, since you haven't stated otherwise), there shouldn't be a
method Array#last= since Array#last only returns a value like Array#pop does.
Now my question to you is: How is Array#[] different in that regard than
Array#last? I mean some_array[-1] also only returns a value. But you don't
have a problem with people being able to write some_array[-1] = some_value
do you?

--
Jabber: sepp2k / jabber.org
ICQ: 205544826