On 27 Dec 2007, at 15:11, Snoop1990 Snoop1990 wrote:

> Hello,
> I have to leave my old server, so I did a backup and saved my ruby on
> rails Applications and my mysql databases to an external USB stick and
> brought them to the new server.
>
> The backup for mysql works just fine, no errors on this side.
>
> The next thing, I want to start the internal webrick server ... and
> got
> an Error message. Not able to boot up ? ... And I noticed that the
> error
> was caused because my previous server was FreeBSD and the new is Linux
> (Kubuntu). So I replaced some files and get the server running and I
> could access the applications first page, but then again I get an
> Error.
> Therefore my question is, which files differ between the different
> operation system

Hard to say without something more descriptive than 'an Error'.
Most of the time it shouldn't matter whether you're on ubuntu or bsd
(none of our apps care if they are on windows, linux or mac os x) but
if as you say below the version of rails is different then that could
certainly rip things up. But again without any more information it's
hard to say.

Fred