On Dec 27, 2007 5:07 AM, Michael Fellinger <m.fellinger / gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed a problem with constant lookup in Ruby 1.9.0 when
> subclassing from BasicObject, would anyone please explain this
> behavior to me, otherwise I'll go and file a bug.
>
> What fails: http://p.ramaze.net/23
>
> Thanks in advance
> ^ manveru

It seems to me that this is the way it should work.

BasicObject is intended to impose the minimum implementation for use
by things like proxies.  Leaving the namespace as empty as possible
seems to me to be a good thing.  And as your example points out you
can get at things in the global namespace by explicitly using the ::
prefix.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby