On Dec 25, 2007, at 15:47 PM, Giles Bowkett wrote:
> There's a nifty gem called MP4Info which enables you to get ID3-style
> metadata from non-MP3 files, such as AAC files. It's dag gol darn
> usefulness and then some, but my attempts at requiring it were
> troubled.
>
> [...]
>
> Besides a test script and a few bits of test data, .wav files etc.,
> mp4info.rb is basically the only file in the gem. Is there anything
> obvious I'm missing here?

$ gem install MP4Info -i ~/tmp/gems
[...]
$ GEM_HOME=~/tmp/gems gem which mp4info
/Users/drbrain/tmp/gems/gems/MP4Info-0.3.1/lib/mp4info.rb
$ GEM_HOME=~/tmp/gems ruby -rubygems -e 'require "mp4info"'
$

There's nothing wrong with the gem.

a) You didn't require 'rubygems' before require 'mp4info'
b) `gem env`'s ruby doesn't match `which ruby`'s ruby.