On Dec 26, 2007 4:02 AM, Daniel Waite <rabbitblue / gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have it turned on (because I have no backup device) but I don't
> think so. I *think* it works similarly to Spotlight in Tiger -- it only
> searches your home directory and up.

Time Machine makes an exact duplicate of your entire drive (minus any
directories you exclude).

In fact, restoring from Time Machine was *too* exact for me; I had
formatted my drive as Case-Sensitive HFS+, which it turns out is not
compatible with Photoshop.  I tried reformatting my drive as
Case-Insensitive HFS+ and then restoring from Time Machine, and the
Time Machine restore reformatted it as Case-Sensitive again.  :P