On 26.12.2007 04:41, Marc Heiler wrote:
>> Annotations are on the wishlist, but I have no idea how far they got.
>
> I am totally "neutral" on this - right now I try to understand if, and
> where, these things have any advantage (for ruby. I am sure in Java they
> may have some advantages, but I don't know Java really anyway...)
>
> If one of you has an example for a use case of it please forward with it
> :-)

You could search the archives for "method metadata" or "metadata" in
general.  There are various approaches how metadata can be "attached" to
methods.

But since you state you do not know Java really, I am wondering what it
is that you are looking for.  You say the concept of Java annotations is
not clear to you and yet you expect explanations how to do this in Ruby.
  What do you need that for?

Regards

	robert