On Dec 25, 8:47 pm, Giles Bowkett <gil... / gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a nifty gem called MP4Info which enables you to get ID3-style
> metadata from non-MP3 files, such as AAC files. It's dag gol darn
> usefulness and then some, but my attempts at requiring it were
> troubled.
>
> This works:
>
> sudo gem install MP4Info
>
> This works:
>
> require '/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/MP4Info-0.3.1/lib/mp4info'
>
> These don't:
>
> sudo gem install mp4info
> require 'mp4info'
> require 'MP4Info'
> require 'MP4Info-0.3.1'
> require 'MP4Info-0.3.1/lib/mp4info'
>
> Besides a test script and a few bits of test data, .wav files etc.,
> mp4info.rb is basically the only file in the gem. Is there anything
> obvious I'm missing here?

D:\Users\Luis>gem search --remote mp4info

*** REMOTE GEMS ***
Need to update 19 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
complete

MP4Info (0.3.1, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1)
    MP4 tag reading library

D:\Users\Luis>gem search --remote MP4info

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

MP4Info (0.3.1, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1)
    MP4 tag reading library

D:\Users\Luis>gem install mp4info --no-ri --no-rdoc
Successfully installed MP4Info-0.3.1

D:\Users\Luis>irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'mp4info'
=> true
irb(main):003:0> M
MP4Info       MatchData     Math          Module
Marshal       MatchingData  Method        Mutex

HTH,

Luis