On Dec 25, 2007, at 6:36 PM, daniel =E5kerud wrote:

> I couldn't find a mailinglist for the Qt4 Ruby bindings, so I try =20
> here. It
> seems the Qt4 Ruby bindings lack Qt::Thread. So how do I create a =20
> Thread? Do
> I use Ruby's build-in? I need a thread because I need to read from a =20=

> UNIX
> domain socket (blocking), and pass the data to the GUI. Thanks for =20
> any help!

There's no Qt::Thread because Ruby lacks support for native threads =20
(at least, for the moment), so it's not really feasible to implement.

The most common workaround is to use a Qt::SocketNotifier to pipe data =20=

into the application over a socket so that your GUI isn't blocking =20
while the data is coming in.

Caleb