Hello list,

I'm proud to announce nanoc 2.0, the second major version of the Ruby
tool for building static web sites, along with a brand new site for
nanoc: <http://nanoc.stoneship.org/>!

You can get nanoc 2.0 through RubyGems (but you may have to wait a bit
before it propagates to all mirrors): "sudo gem install nanoc"

New features include custom layout processors (so you're not limited
to the standard ones anymore), custom data sources (so you can let
nanoc get its data from e.g. a database instead of the filesystem), an
auto-compiler (so you don't have to compile the site manually anymore
every time you make a change), and more.

Regards to Tim Pease, because I totally stole Webby's autobuilder idea
(but nanoc's autocompiler is much nicer).

This release is compatible with Ruby 1.9, which will probably be
released in a few hours or so. The BlueCloth filter unfortunately
doesn't seem to work under Ruby 1.9.

For more details about nanoc 2.0, do check out the latest blog article
at <http://nanoc.stoneship.org/blog/>.

Merry christmas and a happy new year!

Regards,

Denis Defreyne