On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, David Alan Black wrote:

> Hello --
>
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Henning von Rosen wrote:
>
> > In the Dictionary of Programming languages
> > http://cgibin.erols.com/ziring/cgi-bin/cep/cep.pl?_key=Ruby , one can read:
> >

> > ...Ruby supports many important OO features, including classes with
> > inheritance, class methods, and even closures. Ruby also supports exceptions
> > with functionality similar to that of Java. ___It does not seem to support
> > reflection___. Ruby does support threading...
> >
> > Your opinion?
>
> My opinion is that Ruby does support reflection :-)

I already sent the author of that webpage a link
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ospace.html
for him to verify the existence of reflection in ruby.

besides other inacurracies or omissions in the same webpage...

+ it says there's little info available in english
on the web, and it doesn't mention the available books.

+ ruby is distributed as source code
while this is true, it is also true that there are binary
distributions and windows builds.

> Perhaps a gentle letter-writing campaign is in order.
>

> David

I already sent him a full list of inacurracies, stating
that these kind of errors may shy away people from
the language, something we don't want to happen.

cheers,

vruz