Hello!

I'm currently looking into developing Ruby addons. I'd like to use Windows
Vista with VC++ 2005 as development platform. But I have a problem which
seems to be related to some DLL incompatibility.
My addon is currently empty, it only contains an empty init function. But
as soon as I try to use it I get the following error when trying to run it:

"The procedure entry point "_except_handler4_common" could not be located
in
the dynamic link library MSVCR80.dll"

Searching google for "_execpt_handler4_common" results in various pages
describing similiar problems (although none of them is related to Ruby).
It seems to be some internal execption handler function which is only
present in Vista. I suspect that the "msvcrt-ruby18.dll" which comes with
the Windows build of Ruby is incompatible with the libraries used by
Visual Studio 2005 (SP1) on Vista.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Did anyone successfully compile
a Ruby addon with Vista, and if yes, how?

--
Regards, Julian