On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 02:30:27AM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> In message "[ruby-talk:26958] some more finalizer weirdness"
>     on 01/11/30, Paul Brannan <pbrannan / zaphod.atdesk.com> writes:
> |I don't know what's happening here, but my first suspicion is that it
> |has something to do with bindings (?).  Any ideas?
>
> I guess invoking puts "foo" preserves its receiver b.

This sounds reasonable, if perhaps a bit odd, but why would it preserve
the old @obj, to which there should be no more references?

It almost seems like the block itself is storing a reference to @obj,
which seems strange to me.  I suppose what I should do is place a
breakpoint in rb_gc_mark, then figure out who is marking the object, but
this would be very time-consuming.

Paul