Hey, y'all

REXML 1.2.2 is available for download at the usual place:

        http://www.germane-software.com/~ser/software/rexml

This version is predominantly a bugfix release.

Here's the changelog:

1.2.2:
- Got a bug report about stream parsing not handling "." in Element names,
which led to some refactoring, which unearthed a bug in the new
"pass-anything-to-parse_stream()" mechanism. Both bugs have been fixed,
although I think at a performance penalty. I'm going to have to start
tweaking performance.
- Several bug reports were submitted, with many fixes, by Julian.
- In addition, I've added an add_attributes( Hash ) method to Element, as
it was requested by Julian and Tobias.
- IOSource now accepts an additional argument, the size of the block read
from the stream. This was also requested by Julian, who pointed out the
need for this on blocking, stream-parsed IOs. Setting a very low block size
can have an adverse affect on speed; I'll try to work out an optimization
later.
- Diana Eichert, and later Julian, pointed out a recursive require in
ParseException. This sort of annoys me, since Ruby should be beyond
problems caused by recursive requires, but I fixed it with a hack.
- Element.delete(xpath) now silently fails if no elements match the
supplied xpath, rather than throwing an exception. If you want to check to
see if a delete() succeeded, check the return value. A nil means nothing
was deleted.

--
--- SER