On Dec 20, 2007 1:45 PM, Adam Shelly <adam.shelly / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/20/07, Ron Fox <fox / nscl.msu.edu> wrote:
> >   Starpacks are executables that
> > consist of the intepreter, necessary compiled packages, and a virtual
> > file system appended to the back end of the executable that contains the
> > script, scripted packages and loadable binaries.
> >
> >   A similar sort of thing for Ruby might be a _good_ thing.  The
> > seminal paper on starpacks and the related starkit (the virtual
> > filesystem unbundled from the run-time) is at:
> >

> Isn't this exactly what rubyscript2exe does?
> http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/

Sounds like it to me, although I don't know starpacks at all.

I've had very good luck with rubyscript2exe.  Even used it with C
extensions (like rb-gsl) and it worked on different distributions than
what I "compiled" it on.

Pavel, it's really straight-forward to use.  What are you having
problems with?

Cameron