Hi --

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Sean Russell wrote:

> Lyle Johnson wrote:
>
> > What I am specifically looking for is a piece of Ruby code that could suck
> > in the DocBook/XML DTD and extract the relevant information about the
>
> Lyle,
>
> I'm working on a DTD parsing package for REXML, but the going is slow.  I
> really loath DTD, but it unfortunately seems to be part of the XML
> specification (so much done right, so much done wrong).

I've written about .02% of a DTD parser.  Didn't even want to mention it,
but had to say: DTDs rule! :-)  Well, at least they serve a purpose.
Sean: if it's your distaste for DTDs that's slowing you down, let me know
if you want help.

David (cut his teeth on SGML and still sort of likes it that way :-)

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net