Lunatic Denial wrote:

> Do you know something about library for parse ABC music notation?
>
> I want something or write something to load files containig mutliple ABC
> tunes, organise then cherche for similar tunes in the files, create
> listes of tunes from the files, sets of tunes and books of sets whith
>
> I leanr Ruby (beginner) and I think it's a good thing o do for a
> musician to work around is center of interests.
>
> Here is a linl about ABC notation: http://www.walshaw.plus.com/abc/
>
> Thanks for informations and afflicted to make you undergo my aglais.

No, there isn't any ABC notation package available AFAIK. But it would
be extremely easy to do one, since the format itself isn't very advanced
or complicated.

If you want to do a ABC parser, you should make a header loader and a
tune loader. And for each loaded section in the header, do syntax check
of the input specific to that section. But before you begin, make sure
you are a master of regular expressions (as Axel already said), it's the
foundation of parsing text.

FWIW, I'm writing a MusicXML library for Ruby. The package should be
available sometime very early next year as a gem.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson