On Dec 18, 2007 11:04 PM, Celine <xhanrot / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to parse a page with Hpricot in order to retrieve a value.
>
> I use Xpather (a firefox extension) in order to get the path of this
> value. But when I use this path with Hpricot, it doesn't work. I have
> to change it so that it works.
>
> Here's my path, given by Xpather :
>
> /html/body/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div[2]/div[1]/div/div[1]/
> div[1]/table/tbody/tr[1]

HPricot doesn't include the whole XPath syntax. You can write a little
function which translates XPath expressions with brackets to HPricot
expressions. I wrote a function for that, but my SVN is right now down
and I can't get it. Drop an answer if you still need it
Firefox includes some missing HTML tags. I ran in it, when I had to
write a little script. <tbody> is added in <table>, probably some more
things, but I didn't find them. You can see the difference when you
download the page with open-uri. Not many pages add <tbody>.