On Dec 18, 2007 2:16 PM, Craig Demyanovich <cdemyanovich / gmail.com> wrote:
> I successfully downloaded Ruby::DBI late last night from RubyForge [
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-dbi/ ]. Strangely, though, I had to use
> IE; Firefox messed up the download every time. Only after downloading with
> IE was I able to decompress the .tar.gz file using the latest version of
> 7zip. I haven't tried downloading it on my Mac.

I encountered the same problem with Iceweasel (Debian Firefox fork)
last night. I've never encountered that problem before with any IW/FF
downloads from other sites, so there must be something different about
the rubyforge site. In my case, on Linux, I just use wget to download
anything needed, and it always works.  The problem I got was a partial
download - proper signature in the ...tgz file, but unable to unpack.
Same results on several different files.

--
Collins Richey