------art_19664_3216020.1198005148359

Hello all,

  I am new to Ruby (actually I used Ruby a few years back, but because of
certain personal situations I stopped learning Ruby).  I have a question
concerning Ruby and databases.  I've read that the best way to access
databases is to use Ruby::DBI module.  However, when I downloaded it from
Ruby-Forge, the tar.gz file contained a simple Ruby script called "dbi-0.1.1".
The script begins with the line:

require "dbi"

And why would the dbi module contain a line that includes "dbi"?  Obviously
something must be wrong.  I then went to the Sourceforge download page.  The
version there was old (0.0.21), but it contained a lot of other scripts.
including a setup script.  Now, I haven't run this scripts, but this older
version seems more complete.  However, being an old version, will it work
with the latest versions of say, MySQL?  So the question is: where to do I
download the latest complete distribution of Ruby::DBI, because the one at
Ruby Forge (the supposed official homepage) seems to be incomplete).

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Omar

------art_19664_3216020.1198005148359--