On Dec 18, 2007, at 1:19 PM, Wesley Rishel wrote:

> Joshua Schairbaum wrote:

>> You might want to investigate _why's Shoes libraries.
>>
>> Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
>>
>> http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/shoes
>
> Thanks, I looked at Shoes and had the impression that it is "not soup
> yet," in the sense that a duffer like me would not be in a position to
> overcome the rough edges of an early effort -- and there is not enough
> usage yet for a broad support community.
>
> I would be delighted to learn that my initial impression was long,
> because Shoes certainly looks neat.

I don't work for _why :), but if you purchase the "Nobody Knows
Shoes" book, I would think even a neophyte could do some reasonably
cool things with it.  If you've worked with some Ruby before, then
you could definitely work it out.  I suppose it depends on your use,
if you're just playing around, I'd definitely check it out.