Joshua Schairbaum wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
>
>>> a) I write small programs in Ruby for personal convenience, and
>>> hobbyist.
>>>

> You might want to investigate _why's Shoes libraries.
>
> Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
>
> http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/shoes

Thanks, I looked at Shoes and had the impression that it is "not soup
yet," in the sense that a duffer like me would not be in a position to
overcome the rough edges of an early effort -- and there is not enough
usage yet for a broad support community.

I would be delighted to learn that my initial impression was long,
because Shoes certainly looks neat.

Tkl appears to be the other end of the spectrum. Everybody "used to use
it." Some of the best books appear to be 10 years old -- a remarkable
thing if true.