2007/12/18, DNNX <6aLLIaPuMoB / gmail.com>:
> 'asd'[0...10] returns 'asd' while 'asd'[-10..-1] returns nil.
>
> As far as I understand, such behaviour completely satisfies ruby
> documentation (http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/String.html), but
> it seems inconsistent to me.
>
> Any thoughts?

On one hand you are right. On the other hand, begin and end indexes
are asymmetric anyway: you know that the starting index is always 0
but the ending index can have arbitrary values.  I could not say I
came across this so far so for me personally this is a non issue.  On
a larger scale it is probably a minor issue.  Let's hear what others
say.

Kind regards

robert