Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:28388] The maddening output of Arrays"
    on 01/12/13, Issac Trotts <ITrotts / IdolMinds.com> writes:

|May I be so bold as to propose changing this
|surprising behavior while Ruby is still young
|and not tied to a mammoth legacy code base?

We are open to proposals.

But I have to say: Ruby has been out there for more than 6 years.
It's a long time for a software, isn't it?  Ruby is older than Java.

Back to the original issue, recently I changed the Array#to_s behavior
(not in a way you proposed, but anyway), and it caused many problems
so that I restored old bahavior.  So I guess this proposal might be
sort of hard one.

							matz.