Jari Williamsson wrote:
> Pokkai Dokkai wrote:
>> how to improve jruby speed .
>> i was working in ruby on rails ,If i work Jruby on Rails ,then my
>> application is very slow ,how to improve the speed only ?
>
> Probably better to ask this in a JRuby or Rails group.
Which is user / jruby.codehaus.org and dev / jruby.codehaus.org.

> As Charles recently announced, any task in the current builds that is
> now slower in JRuby compared to CRuby should now be treated as a bug.
> If you have a test case that show this, make a report.
Indeed.  I should also note that we have two branches of JRuby:

1.0.x - A stable release line where our primary focus has been decent
compatibility with Ruby
1.1 - Soon to have beta 2 out which has an additional focus on improving
performance

If anything is slower in 1.1 than in MRI (C impl of Ruby) we want to
know about it.  In under a week JRuby 1.1b2 will be out.  Try things out
and report issues.  We want 1.1 to be a stellar release.

-Tom

--
Thomas E Enebo <thomas.enebo / sun.com>
JRuby Core Developer, http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ThomasEEnebo