There is a ruby package for the iphone and iPod touch. I don't think
you'll find a smaller device to run it. Of course, it doesn't have a
true qwerty keyboard, so that might be a turnoff. On the other hand,
if you were looking for an excuse to get one or the other....

I haven't had a chance to give it a try yet though. Has anyone else
tried it?

Hopefully when the dev kit comes out Apple will release an official
version.

HTH,
-Dane