Lloyd Linklater wrote:
> Petr Kout wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to Ruby on Rails and I consider converting my application
>> written in Java into Ruby. The question is, however, is there any plugin
>> or other way to handle MP3 and other audio files? I need to Ruby to be
>> able to tell me how long the uploaded MP3 is and ideally, give me the
>> possibility to cut the file on the server if it's too long. I looked all
>> over Google, nothing found. Thank you very much for any advice.
>
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/130804#new

Hi,

thank you for the link, but it's not what I was looking for. I do not
need to play the mp3 file. I need to be able to analyze it on the
backend; that is, to get its length in seconds, and possibly truncate it
(not necessary). I was doing it in Java so far. If I can't do this on
the backend, I can't switch to Ruby, which is what I would love to do.

Thanks.

Peter