From: Markus Jais [mailto:mjais / web.de]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 8:55 AM
To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Subject: [ruby-talk:27808] servlets and server pages for Ruby???

hello

during the last weeks I played a little with Java Server Pages and
Servlets. interestint technology, but wrong language :-)

servlets and jsp are no longer a hype but becoming the prefered
choice for web development, at least for big projects.
(according to all the books and magazins at least)

I was looking around the web if there would be something similar for ruby
which could compete with the java stuff.

I found nothing, unfortunately.
the only very interesting thing I found a couple of weeks ago is
Webware for Python (http://webware.sourceforge.net)

because Python is my other favourite language I played a little with it
and it looks really cool.

- multithreaded
- Python Server Pages (I have not tried them yet)
- DB-Pool
- much more....

now I wanted to ask if something like this exists for Ruby??

a good tool like Webware could be very good for Ruby's future.

markus

------_extPart_001_01C1831E.EFB86060

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [ruby-talk:27808] servlets and server pages for Ruby???</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>here's a simple framework that does something similar to jsp.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://outerbody.com/?do=ruby&page=rappsrv" TARGET="_blank">http://outerbody.com/?do=ruby&page=rappsrv</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>it'll be an app server when it grows up.&nbsp; the version up right now seperates out actions and views, views being rsp files (e_ruby compiled files)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>enjoy</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Markus Jais [mailto:mjais / web.de]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 8:55 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: [ruby-talk:27808] servlets and server pages for Ruby???</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>hello</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>during the last weeks I played a little with Java Server Pages and</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Servlets. interestint technology, but wrong language :-)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>servlets and jsp are no longer a hype but becoming the prefered</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>choice for web development, at least for big projects.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>(according to all the books and magazins at least)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I was looking around the web if there would be something similar for ruby</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>which could compete with the java stuff.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I found nothing, unfortunately.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>the only very interesting thing I found a couple of weeks ago is </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Webware for Python (<A HREF="http://webware.sourceforge.net" TARGET="_blank">http://webware.sourceforge.net</A>)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>because Python is my other favourite language I played a little with it</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>and it looks really cool.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>- multithreaded</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>- Python Server Pages (I have not tried them yet)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>- DB-Pool</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>- much more....</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>now I wanted to ask if something like this exists for Ruby??</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>a good tool like Webware could be very good for Ruby's future.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>markus</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>